The colors of the wind have begun to blow. Just because the temperature of the air dwindles down, it doesn’t mean your oral health should too. Especially with the holidays on their way, it is important to keep your dentures in peak condition. Don’t stop taking care of them, or they may let you down during the feast festivals during Thanksgiving. In case you forgot, here are a few tips to help you:
– Never let your dentures dry out. Always soak them in plain water, or a proper cleaning solution when not in use.
– Be extremely delicate when handling dentures, as they can be easily damaged.
– Always avoid using the following products on dentures: teeth whiteners, bleach, hot water, and abrasive cleaning materials.
– Always brush the inner parts of your mouth before inserting dentures. Also rinse the dentures in water before inserting, in order to remove any harmful chemicals that may be present from your cleaning solution.
– Be sure to schedule regular checkups with your dentist, and consult them if your dentures become damaged.
– Remove your dentures every night to allow your gums a chance to rest.
– Be sure to brush and rinse your dentures daily, but not with toothpaste. Clean them with products including hand soap, denture cleaning solution, mild dishwashing liquids, or products with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
Never forget to maintain proper oral health care with your dentures. For more information, or to schedule a checkup with Drs. J. Scott Thompson, DMD, you can call us at 802-879-7811 to speak with a member of our staff. You can also visit our office in Essex Junction, Vermont. Your smile is our business!